Here’s what my dream book had to say about different elements of the dream – oddly everything makes total sense and I know what they are getting at.
1. Car losing control - Anxiety about a loss of direction in life. Loss of personal identity as well.
2. Falling – Is anxiety driven. May represent that the dreamer has climbed too high in personal or professional life and may now be ready for a change or fall.
3. Drowning – Dreams of drowning may represent the dreamer’s fear of being engulfed by forces hidden in the deepest reaches of the unconscious mind.
4. Being Trapped – may indicate that desires or creative energies have been repressed and must be revealed before they damage the conscious mind.
5. River – represents the passing of time and may remind a dreamer that is possible to flow past obstacles.
6. The people (Boss, Mom and Chris) - Dreams use characters as symbols rather than as real people. So the people in the dreams symbolize something else.